The following promotion is OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S. OVER THE AGE OF 18 AND RESIDING IN THE STATES OF ILLINOIS, INDIANA, OHIO, MICHIGAN AND WISCONSIN ("Sweepstakes States") and is intended for play in the Sweepstakes States only and for viewing in the United States only. This promotion will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws.Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal U.S. resident, 18 years or older.
THE ACE HARDWARE CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES
ONLY ONLINE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. How to Enter: Access www.acehardware.com/PBA ("Sweepstakes Website") and follow the on screen instructions to submit an entry. Entries may be submitted beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on February 17, 2006 until 5:00 p.m. EST on March 12, 2006.
Limit one (1) online entry per valid email address, per eligible person per day. All entries become the property of Ace Hardware Corporation ("Sponsor") and will not be returned.
2. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall win the following: (A) 2 tickets to the 2006 PBA Ace Hardware Championship at Taylor Lanes in Taylor, Michigan on March 19, 2006; tickets also include the option of playing in the Ace Hardware Championship Bowling Pro-Am on March 18, 2006 at Taylor Lanes in Taylor, MI (collectively, the "Event") (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $250); and (B) Ace Hardware gift cards totaling $1,000. Total ARV of Grand Prize: $1,250. Grand Prize Winner will assume all responsibility for all federal, state and local taxes. Gift cards are subject to the usual Ace terms and conditions thereof. Other restrictions may apply. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prizes, or portions thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value.
3. Drawing: The winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on approximately March 13, 2006 by Sponsor, and will be contacted either by overnight courier or phone on or about March 13, 2006. Determination of winners and other matters pertaining to the sweepstakes are solely within the discretion of Sponsor. . The Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within 10 days of issuance of prize notification. . The Grand Prize winner's travel/Pro-Am participation companion, if any, shall be required to sign and return a release of liability and publicity release (where permitted) prior to attendance at the Event or the second Event ticket shall be void. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or if a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and, time permitting, an alternate winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
4. Eligibility and Release: This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older and reside in one of the Sweepstakes States, except employees and members of their households and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) of Sponsor or an Ace retailer and their advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, "Sweepstakes Entities"). By entering, all participants and/or entrants acknowledge compliance with these official rules, including, but not limited to all eligibility requirements and hereby release the Sponsor and Ace retailers and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective agents, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated companies, sweepstakes partners and prize suppliers, Taylor Lanes and all of their respective affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages, whether actual, incidental or consequential arising in connection with each entrant's participation and/or entry in the sweepstakes and/or entrant's receipt or use of any prize or attendance at or participation in any event awarded in this Sweepstakes. Any and all warranties and guarantees are subject to the respective manufacturer's terms. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within 10 days of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential Grand Prize Winner, if a potential Grand Prize Winner or his/her travel companions fail to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate Grand Prize Winner shall be selected
5.Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, winners will be selected from among all valid entries received prior to the time of cancellation.
6. The Sweepstakes Entities, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone, cable or satellite network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this sweepstakes; inability to access the Ace Hardware Website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website.
Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or failures compromise or corrupt or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the sweepstakes, or to terminate the sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prizes using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Website. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the Grand Prize winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
7. Winners' List: For the identity of the Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to THE ACE HARDWARE CHAMPIONSHIP SWEEPSTAKES at Sponsor's address below postmarked no later than March 31, 2006.
Sponsor: Ace Hardware Corporation, 2200 Kensington Drive, Oak Brook, IL 60523.