After the Move
After youâ€™ve settled in, donâ€™t forget to show off your new pad. Get your weekend back by inviting friends and family over for a housewarming.
- Simple Updates
- Green Living
Simple Updates for Your New Home
- Replace all toilet seats.
- Replace shower curtains and liners.
- Replace furnace filters with pleated Ace brand filters to improve indoor air quality.
- Spray lightweight oil into all door locks to ensure proper operation.
Painting is a great way to make your new place all your own and is best done before you move anything in. Adding some paint to a room can give it a whole new personality, but before you go and break out the brush, Ace has a few tips to help get you started.Get the Details
Going "Green" is another great way to ensure that your new home runs efficiently, which not only helps out the earth, but can also help save you money over time.Get the Details
Calendar for Maintaining Your New Home
- Every 3 Months
- Every 6 Months
- Once a Year
- Throughout the Year
Maintaining Your New Home
Every 3 Months
Replace furnace filters every 3 months.
Every 6 Months
- Clean dryer vents twice a year.
- Scrub the inside of the kitchen disposal with toilet brush.
Once a Year
- Drain the water heater.
- Have your furnace or boiler professionally serviced.
- Conduct a yearly exterior inspection of your home to check for loose shingles, broken siding, loose caulking and chipped paint.
- Clean coils of your refrigerator and around your A/C unit in the spring to improve efficiency.
- Pressure wash walkways, driveways, porches and decking in the spring to start the warm weather season nice and clean.
Throughout the Year
Create a 4-step lawn program to weed and feed your lawn all year long.