Selling Your House
The first step when putting your house on the market is to conduct a thorough inspection, preferably with a friend, to really take a look at all the things that need to be fixed. Here are some items to check:
- Check all doors and handles to make sure they work properly.
- Inspect all drawers in kitchens and baths to make sure they operate.
- Ensure no faucets leak.
- Make sure all lighting works.
- All flooring should be in good shape. If not, repairs and/or replacements should be done.
- The exterior of the home should be neat and presentable. Any loose trim or chipped paint should be repaired.
- A good exterior landscaping clean up should be done. It's great to plant flowers to add some color.
- Consider touching-up walls and trim or paint entire rooms to freshen the look of your home.
Starter Tools for Your New Home
- Claw Hammer
- Set of screwdrivers (flat head and Phillips)
- 16-foot tape measure
- Utility knife
- Set of Allen wrenches (standard and metric)
- Set of pliers (slip joint, needle nose and wire cutters)
- 2-foot level
- Set of wrenches (standard and metric)
- Cordless drill/drivers with set of drill bits and screw bits
- Toolbox to hold it all