Enjoy your outside space even when the weather turns cooler with the selection of portable outdoor heaters at Ace Hardware. Crafted with durability in mind, our outside heaters can withstand a variety of outdoor weather conditions. When it's time to gather on your deck, patio or other outdoor hangout spot, simply turn on your porch heater and cozy up to its radiant warmth.
Outside heaters come in an array of designs to suit your needs. Some have open flames that create a magical effect while others are designed with a heated piece that's covered by a hood. Use this guide to learn about the different features and options to choose from when selecting the right outdoor heater for your space.
Outside Propane Heaters vs. Outside Electric Heaters
Both outside propane heaters and outside electric heaters can effectively heat spaces while serving as attractive design elements. When deciding between the two, here are a few pros and cons to weigh.
Electric Porch Heaters
Depending on your needs electric porch heaters have several advantages:
- Electric portable outdoor heaters are often less expensive than propane outdoor heaters.
- Since electric portable outdoor heaters don't generate heat by burning fossil fuels, they can be safely used in covered or enclosed spaces. They also don't release emissions, carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide, which makes them an environmentally friendly outdoor heater choice.
- Outside electric heaters don't have a pilot light make it easy whenever you're ready to use an electric porch heater, simply turn on the switch.
There are a few potential drawbacks of outside electric heaters to consider, too:
- You'll need access to an electrical outlet.
- You won't get the same beautiful glowing flame that you might get with an outside propane heater.
- While these outdoor heaters may be less inexpensive to purchase, they could be more expensive to run depending how much energy is required.
Outside Propane Heaters
Outside propane heaters offer several advantages:
- These outdoor heaters usually emit a natural flame effect that can create an attractive focal point for any outdoor gathering.
- One of the best advantages of propane outdoor heaters is their portability because they don't require the need for electrical outlets to operate. Depending on the size and weight, you may be able to take your outside propane heater with you wherever you go.
- The cost of running an outdoor gas heater is usually less expensive than the cost of running an electric one.
When it comes to choosing an outdoor gas heater, there may be a few disadvantages you should be aware of:
- Any type of gas device may pose a small risk of gas leaks or explosions
- When using an outdoor gas heater, you'll need to refill or replace the propane gas cylinder used to fuel the device
- For safety reasons, you can't use an outdoor gas heater in a confined or enclosed space because the fumes can emit poisonous carbon monoxide
Explore Our Collection of Quality Outdoor Heaters
Designing a warm and inviting ambience where friends and family can gather is an easy ordeal with our assortment of outside heaters. Whether you prefer the style of an open flame or the convenience of a compact electric model, find your new outdoor electric or gas heater at Ace Hardware now. Then, complete your space with the right patio chairs to provide a place for guests to relax and unwind in style for hours on end.