Unless you're expecting a check or looking for a bill, your mailbox is a part of your home that you likely don't think about too much. With a little extra thought, however, your residential mailbox can improve the look and feel of the exterior of your home, keep your mail more secure, and even make a statement about your personal design aesthetic.
Shop Ace Hardware to a residential mailbox that fits your needs. From modern mailboxes to a whole host of accessories, Ace has everything you need to get your mail in style.
Use the search tool to browse by style, finish, price and find top-rated and sale items.
House Mount Mailboxes
House mount mailboxes are increasingly common in residential areas. If you've got one, the way it looks directly impacts the entry of your home.
Use these tips to choose the right residential mailbox to mount to your home when it's time to upgrade.
- Choose your mailbox based on the finish that works with your exterior décor and style. Bronze, black, white and copper mailboxes are available. Mailboxes with decorative designs like a simple fleur-de-lis can give your entry area even more style.
- Opt for a vertical mailbox to reduce visual impact. Choose a horizontal mailbox for larger capacity and to use your mailbox as a statement piece.
Helpful Hint: Consider a security mailbox that includes a top with an optional lock for more security. These are ideal for busy or urban residential areas, people who work from home and homeowners who are often out of town.
Post Mount Mailboxes
Post mount mailboxes at the front of your driveway make a statement about your home, even if they do serve a utilitarian purpose. Use these tips from Ace to update your post mount mailbox.
- Upgrade the exterior of your home with a stylish new mail post. Cedar, bronze and decorative metal mail posts can add curb appeal to your front yard. Classic white wood is an ideal option for more traditional homes as well.
- Pick a mailbox and post combo to make installation easy and cost-effective. You'll also get a matched finish when you buy these items as a set.
- Match your mailbox to your landscape and plants. Mailboxes in black and white can match your home's trim, and copper or silver options can match yard accessories and exterior décor. Wood mailboxes and colorful options like those in green and brass will stand out and make a bolder statement.
- Choose a decorative two-toned mailbox for more visual impact. Black and silver steel, as well as white and silver, are ideal choices for modern mailboxes.
Your mailbox might not seem like the most important part of your home, but it is one of the first things people see. Shop Ace to find classic and modern mailboxes, as well as all of the mailbox accessories you'll for your home.