The right outdoor storage solutions help keep your essentials organized and safeguarded against the elements. Protect valuable equipment like large tools, lawn maintenance equipment and garden supplies with the right outside storage unit from Ace Hardware.
Read on to learn about the stylish and functional outdoor storage sheds and deck boxes you can find at Ace to maximize your outdoor space.
Types of Outdoor Storage Solutions
Outdoor storage units and patio storage boxes free up extra space in your basement, attic or garage while providing easy access to the equipment you use most. We’ll walk you through the variety of available options, materials and sizes so you can find the outdoor storage solution that's perfect for your needs.
Outdoor Storage Sheds
Store gardening and landscaping supplies, bicycles, power tools and other large items in a spacious outdoor storage shed that mimics the classic style of a barn or playhouse. Our selection of storage sheds is crafted from durable materials like steel-reinforced resin and premium vinyl-coated steel for superior strength and durability to withstand the elements. For extra security, pick a model that includes integrated locking systems that can be padlocked to keep your items safe and secure.
Patio Storage Boxes
The generous yet relatively compact size of our deck boxes works in a range of spaces and environments, from large patios to small balconies. Ideal for holding furniture cushions, grilling supplies, sports equipment and gardening essentials, many of our patio storage boxes also function as benches for extra seating.
Outside Storage Cabinets
Our outside storage cabinets are the perfect middle ground between our outdoor deck boxes and sheds. They're available in an array of weather-resistant materials and provide an attractive place on your patio or deck to keep tools, cushions, pool toys and supplies neatly tucked away.
Common Types of Outside Storage Materials
Outdoor storage products come in multiple types of weather-resistant materials. Learn about some of the most common types of materials to select one that's suitable for your outside storage needs:
- Plastic: Rugged and durable, plastic outdoor storage products are resistant to fading, decaying and rotting. The lightweight nature of plastic makes it an ideal deck storage solution that can be easily moved across the yard as needed.
- Metal: Corrosion-resistant and rust-resistant, metal outdoor storage products come in aluminum, galvanized steel, stainless steel and other durable options. Their heavy-duty construction makes them a suitable option for storing grills, bicycles and other valuable items.
- Resin: Some types of resin outside storage products resemble the stylish look of wood or wicker. When properly cared for, this material can resist fading, warping, cracking and splintering.
- Wood: A classic and attractive choice, wood deck boxes and outdoor storage units are often made of moisture-resistant cedar, pine or teak wood. They come in an array of finishes, including lighter to darker stains, to match your décor.
- Wicker: Some outdoor storage units and deck boxes feature wicker construction. These containers bring style and lightweight convenience to decks, patios and poolside areas.
Find the best outdoor storage solutions at Ace Hardware to keep your outside essentials out of sight. Search by outdoor storage product type or price online, or visit your local Ace to get expert tips and advice from our helpful staff on which storage product may be best for you.