A high-quality hacksaw is an essential part of any tool kit. Designed to cut cleanly through metals and plastic, fine-tooth hacksaws can be used in anything from minor repair jobs to larger-scale construction work.
We stock a full range of metal hacksaw tools suitable for all your projects, including larger 12-inch hacksaws for heavy-duty use in a workshop and 6-inch mini hacksaws for smaller jobs around the home.
Close Quarter and Regular Hacksaws
There are two main types of metal hacksaws. Standard solid-frame saws make cutting easier and can handle pipes or bars several inches thick. Alternatively, a close quarter hacksaw is smaller and neater and better for sawing difficult-to-reach items.
Whichever type of hand hacksaw frame your project demands, we carry a full range of tools constructed with long-lasting, corrosion-resistant materials, including carbon steel and aluminum.
The Importance of Hacksaw Tool Tension
A hacksaw needs a high blade tension to cut cleanly through tough metals and plastics. The higher the blade tension, the less it flexes and bows, producing a straighter and sharper out.
However, setting a higher tension puts more strain on the blade, wearing it out more quickly. For this reason, a hacksaw with adjustable tension is a great choice, as it can easily adapt to different cutting materials and situations.
Additional Hand Hacksaw Features
A hand hacksaw may be a straightforward tool, but there are several important features to consider when making your decision.
- TPI (Teeth Per Inch): A hacksaw blade with a high teeth-per-inch density makes cleaner cuts with less effort. Our inventory includes blades with up to 32 TPI to handle tough metals, along with lower TPI blades for faster cutting of wood or plastic.
- Blade Angle: Choosing a 45- or 90-degree blade angle makes it easier to switch between standard and flush cutting while an adjustable blade angle gives you the best of both worlds.
- Grip Type: Choose a mini hacksaw with a straight grip for close control or a larger hacksaw with a pistol grip for more cutting power. Some of our models have an adjustable grip for total versatility.
- Rubberized Grip: Comfortable to hold and work with, rubberized grips also help prevent slipping due to hand sweat or wet conditions.
- Dual Handles: Make light work of tougher sawing tasks with two-handed hacksaws for increased strength and control.
- Quickly Switchable Blades: Easily switch between different blade types to replace multiple saws with one, making a neater toolbox for your garage or a lighter tool bag for on the move.
- Safe Blade Storage: Keep spare blades handy but stored safely, protecting both you and the blade.
Metal Hacksaws from Big-Name Brands
Large and small hacksaws see plenty of use and need to last the distance. That's why at Ace we stock only the most reputable brands, including Stanley, Lenox and Dewalt. If you need any help with your choice, our expert staff at your local Ace store will be happy to answer any questions.
To order online, browse our full selection or refine your search by brand, price, blade length, material and more features. Then, choose either quick home delivery or free pickup at your local Ace store to get started on your next project soon. Find sawhorses to support the materials as you work here, too.