Pit Boss Pellet Grills & Smokers
Get delicious, wood-fired flavor every time you grill with a Pit Boss pellet grill from Ace Hardware. Combining the benefits of a standard grill and a smoker, these top-rated products are a perfect addition to any home. Cook up delicious burgers, steaks, hot dogs, and other grilling favorites during family get-togethers, tailgates, and special occasions with your very own wood pellet grill or smoker. Read on to learn more about the features of our Pit Boss selection to choose the best one for your home.
About Pit Boss
One of the most trusted and recommended brands within the grilling industry is Pit Boss. Known for durability, affordability, and quality craftsmanship, each Pit Boss grill is designed to deliver the following benefits:
- Incredible Flavor: Impart delicious, all-natural wood flavor to every meal.
- Impressive Versatility: 8-in-1 cooking versatility allows you to handle searing, smoking, baking, braising, roasting, char-grilling, and barbequing with precision.
- Dynamic Range of Cooking Temperatures: With the simple turn of a dial, choose the ideal cooking temperature ranging from 180 to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ease of Use: Simple yet strong and durable construction ensures easy, mess-free grilling every time.
- Consistent Performance: Create your favorite meals with no surprises.
What is a Pit Boss Pellet Grill?
A Pit Boss pellet grill is an outdoor cooker that combines the elements of an oven, a charcoal and gas grill, and a smoker. After the wood pellets are added to a container called a hopper, they're fed into a cooking chamber that's powered by electricity. As heat and smoke are dispersed throughout the cooking surface, you're able to cook low and slow or searing hot.
Why Use a Pit Boss Pellet Smoker?
With the use of hardwood pellets, your food gets infused with a mouthwatering smoky flavor. Pick out apple, mesquite, hickory, oak, or other wood pellets to infuse your meats and veggies with your favorite tastes. Aside from the ability to impart delicious flavor, you also have the option of smoking foods like brisket slowly for hours to get the perfect taste and texture.
How to Use a Pit Boss Grill
With a Pit Boss pellet grill, cook breakfast, stir-fry vegetables, and sear or broil meats just like your favorite steakhouse within a matter of minutes. The steps to starting up a Pit Boss pellet grill are simple:
- Add enough wood pellets in the hopper. A good rule of thumb is to have at least two pounds of wood pellets for every hour of slow smoking or four pounds for every hour of fast grilling.
- Set the grill to "smoke," which will give the igniter a chance to light before using more fuel. This step preserves the fuel and ensures proper ignition.
- Look for thick smoke to signify that your pellets are burning. After a few minutes, the thick smoky clouds will dissipate.
- Crank up the temperature as soon as you hear the roar of the fire. The temperature will reach your desired setting within just a few minutes so you can start grilling.
Visit Ace Hardware online or in-store today to shop our selection of Pit Boss products. Then, find everything you need to become a master pit boss by browsing our offerings of Pit Boss grill covers and grilling accessories, too.