Make your metalworking more comfortable and efficient with a pair of electric metal shears from Ace Hardware. Explore our selection of electric sheet metal shears by top brands, with single cut and double cut designs plus quality features to get a clean cut every time.
Choosing the Best Power Shears
Hand-cutting sheet metal can be difficult and fatiguing, but with a pair of electric shears, it's easy to make a clean cut in seconds. At Ace, we carry an array of single cut and double cut shear power tools for making straight and curved cuts in sheet metal. Explore the differences between these two types of fiber cement shears to discover the best fit for your next project.
Single Cut Shears
Like classic shears, electric single cut shears function by moving a sharpened blade against a fixed blade with your sheet metal in between. This makes a simple, clean cut that doesn't leave behind any waste. However, the action of single cut shears can sometimes create small distortions in the metal, making them less suitable for projects that require the metal to remain perfectly flat.
The advantages of single cut shears include being able to cut a smooth curve with a wide turning radius and a high cut capacity that’s ideal for slicing through heavier metal. If your work requires cutting thick sheet metal, single cut shears are the power tool of choice.
Double Cut Shears
Designed with two separate cutting pieces, double cut shears remove a thin strip of metal as they move forward. While they do leave behind a small amount of excess material, the waste metal remains in a continuous strip, making it quick and easy to clean up.
Unlike single cut shears, double cut designs create minimal distortion, making them the perfect fit for applications where the metal must stay smooth and flat. Double cut shears work best for light gauge sheet metal, so choose these shears for clean straight cuts.
Shear Power Tool Features
Find everything you need in your electric shears with quality features from top brands. Explore a variety of precision, speed, and safety features, including the following elements.
- Variable speed triggers: Adjust your cut speed as you work with electric power shears featuring a variable speed option.
- LED lighting: Improve visibility while with a pair of electric shears featuring a built-in LED light. Shop models with a delay after trigger release to ensure you can see easily even after the blade is turned off.
- Ergonomic design: Enjoy improved comfort for long hours of work with power tools featuring ergonomic tactile grips.
- Lightweight build: Take your power shears on the road with portable designs crafted from lightweight and durable materials. For even more portability, shop electric shears that come with a magnesium gear case for protection while you travel.
- Cordless operation: The high-volt design of battery-powered electric sheet metal shears delivers speed and power you can depend on, while the portable battery charger provides a quick and convenient way to recharge on the go.
Tackle even the toughest sheet metal with a pair of fiber cement shears from Ace. Explore single and double cut models in an array of portable and ergonomic designs. Complete your metalworking setup with a corded or cordless jig saw
for a tool collection that's ready for any job.