The lumber company was originally chartered in May 1952 under the name of Suttle Lumber Company. The name was changed in August 1956 to Pearland Lumber Company and the Loessin Family purchased the company in June 1958. At that time, there were four employees including one truck driver to make deliveries using the company's one and only truck. The original store was located at the southeast corner or Main and Orange streets and the population of Pearland was less than 1500 people. The company joined Ace Hardware in 1966 and is presently the oldest Ace affiliated store in Texas. The company moved across the street to the current location in June 1979. Pearland Lumber and Ace Hardware has been privileged to grow with the community and has served many loyal customers throughout the years.