Ace Hardware of Parsons continues the White family legacy of the retail business in Parsons and Decatur County. Started around 1925 by Ruben Wesley and Bessie Roberts White as Whites 5 & 10¢ Store, the business was later turned over to their son, Robert W. (Bob) and Nadine White. It operated as R.W White & Co. until 1968 when they opened a Vics Dollar store franchise with the name later changed to Freds. Freds operated until 2015 when the business was sold to Freds Inc of Memphis. The Ace Hardware business was opened in 1998. Today, Ace Hardware is owned and operated by Joe and Kim White who hope to continue the family tradition of a retail business in Parsons. We want to thank our customers, employees, and the community of Parsons and Decatur County for their support for over 90 years.