Ace Hardware & Garden Center has been a family owned and operated business since 1936. That was the year George W. Jelinek founded Grand Island Hardware Company on Fourth Street. The business joined with Ace Hardware in 1960 and was incorporated the following year. The business moved to its current location of 3rd and Broadwell in 1963 and expanded to 30,000 sq ft in 1979. Under President, Donald L. Jelinek, the Fremont store was acquired in 1986, the Columbus store followed in 1992 and the Kearney store was added in 1998. 2013 saw the addition of the fifth store in Elkhorn. Today, the third generation of Randy, Ron Jelinek and Cheryl Hansen, along with an experienced team, continues the tradition of helpful service and offering wide selection of merchandise.