Our company was founded in Providence, RI in 1900 and in 1917 moved to the Oakland Beach section of Warwick. We opened our present location on West Shore Road in 1956. Salk's has always been a family owned company, we have evolved over the years from a small neighborhood variety store, to a large general store, to one of RI's largest independent Hardware and Marine stores. The third generation, Harold Salk, moved the growing business to West Shore Road in Warwick. Jeffrey Salk, the fourth generation of the family, has been President of Salk's since 2000.